It gives us immense pleasure to inform you all that ABU is a Regional arm of World Blind Union and it organizes every year essay competitions for blind candidates in the region through its affiliates in the country. This year, this essay competition is being organized by National Federation of the Blind in India on behalf of Asian Blind Union.
You all are requested to send the essays as per the following details from willing blind candidates of your organization/
institution/ university / college along with their individual details to the following address and E-mail address so as to reach to office of NFB India latest by 25/06/2017.
National Federation of the Blind, India
Plot No.21, Sector-VI, Pushp Vihar, New Delhi-110017
Each competitor will be required to write essay in Braille on one of the following topics in 500 to 1000 words:
1. Immigration, why, and for what purpose ?
2. Respect me on disability basis/ I don't respect others on religious or cultural basis. How it comes?
3. Educated persons, what makes them educated and what is their role in our society ?
4. Living independently or Living within a family, is it a choice ?
The candidates can write essays either in English or Hindi only.
The Essays so received will be evaluated by a local selection committee and five best essays so selected will be sent to the international selection committee of Asian Blind Union for further selection of the Essays for the prizes.
The details of prizes to be awarded are as under:
- First prize is $1000
- Second prize is $500 for one winner of the group below age 25 and
one winner of the group above age 25
- Third prize is $200 for two winners below age 25 and two winners above age 25
You all are requested to publicize this information among your contacts as widely as possible