Our readers will be glade tp learn about the below reproduced notice of department of empowerment of persons with disadilities(Divyangjun) containing National IT Competition 2017 for Youth with Disabilities. Which is as follows
This is regarding Global IT Challenge (GITC) event being organized annually by Korean Society for Rehabilitation of Persons with Disabilities (KSRPD), Government of Korea. This year the GITC event will be organised during September 2017 in Hanoi, Vietnam.
2. KSRPD in collaboration of UNESCAP has been holding this IT event since 1992 for the youth with disabilities in the categories of visual, hearing,physical and developmental/intellectual disorder from the age group of 13-19 years.
This annual IT Challenge is held on following areas :
a. E-Learning Monitoring: To understand various IT tools like e-Tool Challenge, e -Life Map Challenge, e-Design Challenge, e-Creative Challenge etc.
b. IT Paralympiad : Individual and Group assessment Challenge
c. IT Forum : Learning about IT Technology and policy for persons with disabilities in advance countries, developing IT evaluation indicators,introducing & experiencing assistive devices for access to information,
For GITC event, India has been sending delegation including four youth with disabilities since last four years and last year India achieved Third position among the countries from Asia Pacific region.
3. In above context, in order to select best nominations in the above four categories of disabilities namely visual, hearing, physical and intellectual/developmental disorder to represent India, it has been decided by this
Ministry to hold National Level IT Competition for youth with disabilities. The National IT competition will be organized tentatively in the Month of June 2017. The venue and other details of National IT Competition will be communicated separately.
4. In view of above, the State / UT Governments are requested to send nominations from the above four categories of youth with disabilities from their respective State / UT for National IT Competition. State / UT may send at least two participants from each categories of visual, hearing, physical and intellectual/ developmental disorder in the prescribed format (Annexure -l).The Department intends to hold National Level IT Competition to select a panel of 3 candidates in each categories who could be considered for further nomination to represent India in the Global IT Competition 2017 to be held in Vietnam during September 2017.
The eligibility criteria for Youth with Disabilities to participate GITC 2017 will be as below:
a. Must be from the categories of visual, hearing, physical (locomotor) and intellectual/ developmental disorder having Medical Certificate issued by an competent authority.
b. Must be in the age group of 13 -19 yrs in the above four categories
c. Must be able to work with Internet Explorer web browser, MS Office package, Scratch Programmes etc.
d. Must be able to communicate in English.
5. There will be no provision for TA/ DA to attend National Level IT Competition. However the accommodation, food etc during IT competition will be arranged for participants and their escorts. The GITC 2017 event will be on full sponsorship basis.
6. In view of the above, you are requested to nominate suitable candidates from the above four categories and forward the details of the candidates in prescribed format (Annex -I or can be downloaded from our
website) to the Director, Department of Empowerment of Persons with Disabilities, Room No - 518, Antyodaya Bhawan, CGO Complex, New Delhi or email to email@example.com latest by 20th May 2017.