National Federation of Blind Karnataka state branch which is commonly known as NFB Karnataka, came into existence on 10th July 2004. This is a state chapter and integral part of national federation of the blind (India). Since its inception the federation has been striving for resolving all problems of visually challenged population of the state. Key focus of our activities is to promote rehabilitation, education, employment, cultureral development and social participation of visually challenged and low vision persons to make them contributing citizens of our great nation. Principle office of the federation is located in Bangalore.
1. Do not underestimate the potential of the visually challenged persons. Encourage and help them to build their self confidence, so that they can do some useful work
2. From Homer to Helen Keller the annals of world history represent the wealth of contributions and fortitude of blind persons through the centuries
3. The Blindness is not a barrier to a successful and independent living
4. Society should have a positive approach towards disabled persons, focusing what a person with disability can do, instead of thinking what he or she cannot do
5. The society should provide equal opportunities in all shears of life to visually challenged persons so that their full potential may be tapped and utilized
6. As blind person you must believe in yourselves and your rights as citizens. You must be certain in your own minds and hearts that what you are advocating is just and also possible
7. The road to equality is indeed long for blind people, but, if you march together and lend one another your encouragement and experience, you will certain to reach your goal